▲.When will my child receive sex education in school? 

       (文章來源:Department for Education Popular questions





Governing bodies of maintained primary schools must decide whether sex and relationship education should be included in their school's curriculum and, if so, what the educational provision should consist of and how it should be organised. They must keep a written record of their decisions. 

All maintained secondary schools must provide sex and relationship education (including education about HIV and AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases) and must teach human growth and reproduction as set out in the National Curriculum.

All governing bodies must have a written statement of whatever policy they adopt on sex education and make it available free to parents. The statement must be drawn up in consultation with the headteacher. The headteacher must ensure any sex education is provided in a way that encourages pupils to consider morals and the value of family life.

Parents have the right to withdraw their children from all or part of any sex education provided, but not from teaching the biological aspects of human growth and reproduction necessary under National Curriculum science.

When providing sex and relationship education all schools must have regard to the Secretary of State’s Guidance.



©2012 真善美教學資源分享網